Asanas (poses) are the most common way to practice yoga, but there is so much more goodness to be found in this beautiful and transformative tradition. Our yoga workshops are intended to explore the other sides of yoga – self study, meditation, detachment, and discipline to name a few – and help you integrate them into your everyday life. From awakening your creativity to offering tools to deal with stress and anxiety, our yoga workshops will bring your practice to a whole new level
Art Journaling Workshop
Back by popular demand! Let’s transition from summer into fall with an afternoon of CREATIVE ART JOURNALING with Houston-based yoga and art teachers Lindsay Parmer and Nicole Peralta. Learn various ways to make an art journal: the combination of putting words, images and sketches in one place. This class will focus on the creative process: using meditation + essential oils (30 minutes), a few writing prompts & instruction (30 minutes) and ending in the creation of an art journal (1.5 hours).
Friday Philosophy Series
Arm Balancing Playshop (series)
Anatomy of Adjustments
This is a CEU workshop for yoga teachers and is open to experienced practitioners.
Some topics that will be covered:
- When, why and how to touch or NOT to touch
- The functional anatomy of joints and how to keep them happy and safe in adjustments
- The difference between an adjustment, an assist, and “touch”
- Defining the qualities of a “good adjustment”
- Intelligent and sound alternatives to common adjustments
- The power of touch to heal and the “quality of touch”
- Clarifying and cultivating the intention of your “touch”
Bring your questions and a notebook and be prepared for a lively and dynamic exchange. You can expect lecture, discussion and physical practice.
Investment: Early Bird $100 through Sep 2, Regular Rate $125